Wednesday, April 13, 2016

13 Months of Mommy-ing

Harrison is 13 months old today!  I decided I wanted to see how he has changed in the last year and here is what I found from a year ago today:
Morning snuggles
Getting a one month picture in
Daddy's home
And here are a couple of pictures I have from our time together today:
Reading some books
Enjoying the beautiful weather with a walk and some play time
What a fun 13 months it has been!  I love seeing how much he has grown and changed.  Some of my favorite developments from this last month are:

  • Harrison has been loving bringing me books to read him (again and again and again).  As a former teacher I find this to be extra delightful!  His two favorites right now seem to be a touch and feel animal book that includes a duckling, puppy, bunny, tiger, and kitty and Moo, Baa, La La La!  
  • We have been practicing pointing to different body parts.  So far he is pretty consistent with his nose and can sometimes get his tongue, hair, ears, eyes, and tummy.  
  • He is getting more confident with his standing alone.  The other night we practiced while dancing to some music.  Michael got some video of it which we of course think is quite funny.  
  • He loves going on walks!  Which gives me yet another reason to praise God for this wonderful weather we are experiencing! 
  • He is learning more words!  His most recent are 'boo' (sounds more like buh), 'uh oh', and 'papa'.  He has also gotten very good at signing 'more' at meal times!  
  • A few other things Harrison loves: seeing other people (especially kids), animals (especially dogs), eating (he will eat basically anything--today we enjoyed some dill pickles with our lunch), running around with his car or walker, practicing building with blocks, and playing peek-a-boo with our swinging doors
  • Some things Harrison is not wild about: getting dropped off at nursery (though he warms up and stops crying shortly after we leave), falling down (but who loves that), his block 'tower' falling down, and not getting what he wants
I loved the little baby boy days, but I sure am loving these new toddler boy days as well.  One thing I find that I am reminding myself of often is that not all babies are the same.  They are not all the same in their personalities, eating, sleeping, development, etc.  Remembering that God has designed each child perfectly has helped me to not be terribly antsy for Harrison to walk.  Of course, I do want him to walk and sometimes I wish he would try, but he is growing in his confidence little by little and I'm sure before too long he will walk and I will miss some of ease of these less mobile days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment